Boredom

Against boredom the gods themselves fight in vain.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I am bored to death with it.
Bored to death with this place,
bored to death with my life,
bored to death with myself.
-Charles Dickens
 
Somebody's boring me.
I think it's me.
-Dylan Thomas
 
All boredom has to do with
disconnection from the self.
-Chris Griscom
 
Boredom expresses the subjective emptiness of inner ambivalence
that does not permit any emotion to come to the surface.
-Joost A. M. Meerloo
 
A desire for desires - boredom
-Leo Tolstoy

Boredom is your imagination calling you.
-Brene Brown
 
You'll find boredom
where there is the absence of a good idea.
-Earl Nightingale
 
There is no reason why you should be bored
when you can be otherwise.
-Emily Post
 
I am never bored anywhere:
being bored is an insult to oneself.
-Jules Renard
 
Is not life a hundred times too short
for us to bore ourselves?
-Friedrich Nietzsche